- 1,500 to attend summit in Lisbon, Portugal, on September 28-29
- Several European nations committed to implementing blockchain technology across public services
- Conference speakers to include experts in blockchain technology from a wide range of industries
With several European governments poised to pursue blockchain technology as a matter of public policy, the Asset Backed Crypto (ABC) Summit aims to bring together leading actors across the public and private sectors to network and explore opportunities for partnership.
Over 1,500 attendees, 500 investors and 40 companies are expected at the ABC Summit, to be held September 28-29 at the Lisbon Congress Center in Portugal. Students are also welcome and will receive a special discounted rate.
Portugal is one of 23 European countries that signed on to the European Blockchain Partnership in April 2018 (http://ccw.fm/9qCRE). The partnership paves the way for these countries to cooperate and pool their expertise and information as they prepare for a rollout of blockchain technologies in the private and public sectors.
In a news release, Mariya Gabriel, EU Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, said, “In the future, all public services will use blockchain technology. Blockchain is a great opportunity for Europe and Member States to rethink their information systems, to promote user trust and the protection of personal data, to help create new business opportunities and to establish new areas of leadership, benefiting citizens, public services and companies.”
The ABC Summit intends to provide a space for public and private sector organizations to network and move the discussion forward and share opportunities for the development and implementation of blockchain technologies. Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- Social media and the rise of Blockchain
- Blockchain and Economic Development: Hype vs. Reality
- Ensuring a Secure Internet of the Future
- Blockchain for Digital Advertising
- How can AI be used in a blockchain?
- Asset backed cryptos /Wind backed cryptos
- How to fix scalability and high volatility issue on Blockchain
- Are the glory days of banks ending with blockchain?
- Monetary Policy in a World of Nationless Digital Money
Several speakers representing a wide range of industries and expertise will present at the conference. Among them are:
- Kenny Au, co-founder of Luxsens and the Luxchain Foundation;
- Pierre-Jean Hanard, Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Citi Ventures, Entrepreneurship Expert at the University of Oxford and Startup Expert at The Startup Platform;
- Navroop K. Sahdev, blockchain expert and fellow at MIT; and
- Mru Patel, entrepreneur, investor and founder of ePropertywealth.com.
The conference will showcase a number of ventures implementing blockchain technology across sectors including renewable energy, fossil fuels, real estate, currency and the precious metals, commodities and precious stones markets.
For more information about the ABC Summit, visit the event’s official website at www.ABCSummit.com
More from CryptoCurrencyWire
About CryptoCurrencyWire (“CCW”)
CryptoCurrencyWire (CCW) is a financial news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via NetworkWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to nearly 2 million followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with CCW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CCW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CCW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness.
CryptoCurrencyNewsWire is where News, content and information converge via Crypto.
For more information, please visit https://www.cryptocurrencywire.com
New York, New York