- Bitcoin locked on the Lightning Network has an estimated value of US$1.3 billion – indicating a bullish market contrary to the Bitcoin bear market
- LQwD has nodes active on the Lightning Network in the U.S., Germany, Singapore, and Indonesia, growing at an exponential rate by the day
- The Bitcoin Payment Ecosystem is expected to reach US$880 million by 2026
- LQwD launched its PaaS offering in November, aiming to facilitate payments worldwide
Bitcoin reached an all-time high of US$61,374.28 in October 2021, but since then the cryptocurrency’s value fluctuated significantly, dropping to US$37,928.58 in January 2022 (https://ibn.fm/OMawU). Throughout February, Bitcoin value continued to rise and fall, and it has been indicated that the cryptocurrency is currently a bear market. The same cannot be said about the Lightning Network, a layer 2 payment protocol that provides bitcoin scalability and instant transaction settlement across participating nodes with lower fees. The Network has reached an all-time high, with locked Bitcoin at an estimated value of US$1.3 billion, pointing to a bullish market for the Lightning Network (https://ibn.fm/sR2aj).
One financial technology company, LQwD FinTech (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF), is positioned to increase its nodes, channel, and overall value on the Lightning Network by creating an enterprise-grade infrastructure to drive bitcoin adoption as a platform-as-a-service (“PaaS”) provider. The company now has four nodes active on the Lightning Network – US-West, Germany, Singapore, and Indonesia, listed by age, oldest to newest.
- US-West: Active since October, US-West has seen some fluctuation but shows an overall 30-day upward trend. As of February 23, 2022, the node is listed with:
- Current Capacity – 5.23134564 BTC (US$204,808.23)
- Capacity Change (30-day) – 1.704466 BTC (US$66,797.58)
- Current Channel Count – 91
- Channel Count Change (30-day) – 22 (up 31.88%)
- Germany – Active since the beginning of February, LQwD’s Germany node has seen upward trending growth since going active. As of February 23, 2022, the node is listed with:
- Current Capacity – 0.60500000 BTC (US$23,685.87)
- Capacity Change (7-day) – 0.565000 BTC (US$22,115.5) up 1,412.50%
- Current Channel Count – 15
- Channel Count Change (7-day) – 11 (up 275%)
- Singapore – Also active since the beginning of February (released with Germany to expand global coverage), the Singapore node has seen great growth over a couple of weeks. As of February 23, 2022, the node is listed with:
- Current Capacity – 0.82974242 BTC (US$32,484.58)
- Capacity Change (7-day) – 0.719742 BTC (US$28,033.61) up 654.31%
- Current Channel Count – 21
- Channel Count Change (7-day) – 16 (up 320%)
- Indonesia – The Indonesian node is less than a week old, which does not provide substantial historical data to show an increase. The current capacity, channel count, and value of the node are:
- Current Capacity – 0.07424242 BTC (US$2,906.61)
- Current Channel Count – 1
The capacity of the nodes changes daily and can be monitored by visiting the Lightning Network Search and Analysis Engine https://1ml.com/.
The Bitcoin Payment Ecosystem is expected to reach US$880 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 20.13% (https://ibn.fm/77Y3b). The adoption of digital wallets is expected to help drive these numbers as more people use cryptocurrency for making everyday purchases. The Lighting Network provides a platform for payments to be taken with ease – offering lower fees, quicker transaction times, and more scalability. The more nodes that come into play, the more options for international payment transfers – driving LQwD one step closer to becoming the top Lighting Network payment facilitator.
LQwD released its dedicated PaaS, https://lqwd.tech/, in November 2021. The platform was designed to make access to the Lightning Network simpler and to accommodate more users looking for instantaneous transaction and settlement times, lower fees, and worldwide access to send and receive bitcoin payments. Using the LQwD platform does not require any special technical experience; it was built to be used by those who are just entering the bitcoin world, as well as by experts.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LQwDFinTech.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LQWDF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ccw.fm/LQWDF
CryptoCurrencyWire (“CCW”) is a financial news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets, (3) enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via IBN (InvestorBrandNetwork) to nearly 2 million followers, and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CCW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CCW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CCW is where news, content and information about crypto converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts from CryptoCurrencyWire, text “CRYPTO” to 888-902-4192 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.cryptocurrencywire.com
CryptoCurrencyWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.